Litecoin (LTC) Reaches One Day Volume of $1.18 Billion
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 1% higher against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 11:00 AM ET on January 30th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $7.37 billion and $1.18 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for $133.71 or 0.01839980 BTC on major exchanges including Gatecoin, Koinex, OKCoin.cn and BitBay. During the last week, Litecoin has traded down 22% against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded 6.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0480 or 0.00000660 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0039 or 0.00000054 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00003785 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00005392 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.09 or 0.00028423 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 10.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3.01 or 0.00040902 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00002113 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00003850 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.62 or 0.00035667 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00002034 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
Litecoin (LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,096,883 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gatecoin, BTC Trade UA, Waves Decentralized Exchange, CoinsBank, BtcTrade.im, Liqui, Stocks.Exchange, GDAX, OkCoin Intl., OKCoin.cn, AEX, Bittrex, Koinex, Trade Satoshi, RippleFox, Bits Blockchain, Coinsquare, Cryptomate, ChaoEX, YoBit, Coinhouse, xBTCe, Coinrail, Bit-Z, CryptoBridge, COSS, Altcoin Trader, LocalTrade, Mr. Exchange, BitBay, Bitfinex, Kucoin, Coinone, Poloniex, BitFlip, OKEx, Huobi, Kraken, Bit2C, Koineks, Qryptos, BITHOLIC, Bleutrade, Mercado Bitcoin, Exrates, BigONE, BTC-Alpha, CoinExchange, Braziliex, Allcoin, Coinroom, Binance, BitMarket, Tripe Dice Exchange, Coinbene, ZB.COM, Bittylicious, Mercatox, Coingi, BTC Markets, Bibox, VirtacoinWorld, NIX-E, FreiExchange, OpenLedger DEX, Bitbank, Bitlish, Bitinka, BCEX, Coinut, DSX, Cryptopia, BX Thailand, Bitso, CoolCoin, Livecoin, CoinFalcon, Bisq, CoinEgg, Tux Exchange, Koinim, WEX, Bitmaszyna, Gate.io, BitGrail, LiteBit.eu, Upbit, CoinEx, EXX, C-CEX, Bithumb, Bitcoin Indonesia, Exmo, RightBTC, HitBTC, Cryptox, TDAX, Bitstamp, Bitsane, SouthXchange, Negocie Coins, Tidex, Dgtmarket, The Rock Trading, BitKonan, TOPBTC, QuadrigaCX, GOPAX and Abucoins. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.